COBDEN PEACH FESTIVAL
5k RUN/WALK, 1 MILE FUN RUN
20 August, 2005, 8:00 a.m.
Welcome to the
Peach Festival 5K Run/Walk
and 1 mile Fun Run!
invite you to participate in the Cobden Peach Festival 5k Run/Walk and 1 mile
Fun Run. The 5k Run/Walk will start at 8
a.m., and the 1 mile Fun Run will start immediately after the end of the 5k
(about 9 a.m.). The starting point will
be at the new
· Race packets can be picked up beginning at 6:30 a.m. on the day of the race. Registration closes at 7:50 a.m.
· All paid pre-registered participants (application postmarked or received by August 12th) will receive an event T-shirt.
· Overall fastest male and female runner and walker will receive a plaque, and age division winners will receive 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place medallions at the completion of the event after the results are tabulated.
· The 1 mile Fun Run is open to all participants, and all registered participants who complete the course will receive a ribbon. All who go through the chute will have their times recorded.
· Timed by River to River Roadrunners.
· The 5k run/walk is a certified course. 5k walkers will be strictly monitored for adherence to walking.
· Proceeds donated to Cobden service groups.
· The Cobden Runners'/Walkers' Club is a nonprofit organization and all donations are tax deductible.
Showers provided by the
· Homemade cookies, brownies, and other goodies as well as drinks will be provided.
· Pre-registration fee of $10 per runner or walker ($6 per 1 mile fun runner) MUST BE POST-MARKED OR RECEIVED BY FRIDAY, AUGUST 12th, 2005. ALL ENTRIES AFTER THAT DATE WILL BE $12 PER RUNNER OR WALKER ($8 per 1 mile fun runner). IF NO T-SHIRTS ARE AVAILABLE, ENTRY FEE IS $5 FOR ANY CATEGORY OF PAR-TICIPANT. ALL ENTRIES AFTER AUGUST 12th ARE NOT GUARANTEED A T-SHIRT.
Overall 5k Runners and Walkers
1st, 2nd, and 3rd place medallions to
men and women in each category.
Walkers - WOMEN and MEN
19 and under 30 - 39 50 - 59
20 - 29 40 - 49 60 - 69
70 and over
Runners - WOMEN and MEN
14 and under 35 - 39 55 - 59
15 - 21 40 - 44 60 - 69
22 - 29 45 - 49 70 and over
30 - 34 50 - 54
1 Mile Fun Run
All registered finishers who go through the chute will receive a ribbon and run times.
Women - Johanna Wichmann 25min 14s
Men - Jeff Green 17min 57s
Women - Susan Wirth 35min 35s
Men - Tony Miksanek 33min 42s